Your home septic system is a major investment that comes with the responsibility for its care and maintenance. Sign up for one of our four free workshops held throughout Thurston County in September. Learn how to prolong the life of your septic system and protect not only your financial investment, but your family’s health and the environment as well.
These workshops can benefit all septic system owners, from first-timers to those with years of experience. Attendees will be provided with information on:
- The different types of septic systems – gravity flow, pressure distribution, mound, and sand filter
- The three main components of a septic system – tank, drainfield, and soil
- When to have your septic tank inspected and pumped
- Warning signs indicating septic system damage or failure
- How your home water use affects the lifespan of your septic system
- What to avoid putting down the drain
- The availability of loans and grants for septic system repairs and replacement
In addition to a better understanding on how to care for and maintain your on-site septic system, all workshop attendees will receive a $10 discount on septic tank pumping.
Please sign up here or call (360) 867-2673 to reserve a seat at any of the following workshops:
Wednesday, September 16, 7:00 - 9:00 PM
Rochester Community Center, 10140 Highway 12, Rochester
Thursday, September 17, 7:00 – 9:00 PM
Pellegrinos Event Center, 5757 Littlerock Road SW, Tumwater
Wednesday, September 23, 7:00 – 9:00 PM
South Bay Fire Station, 3506 Shincke Road NE, Olympia
Thursday, September 24, 7:00 – 9:00 PM
Thurston County Fairgrounds Expo Center, 3054 Carpenter Road SE, Lacey
To register, please call 360-867-2673 or click here to sign up online at the Thurston County Environmental Health website. Space is limited, so please register as soon as possible. If you are unable to attend any of these workshops but have questions regarding the care and maintenance of your septic system, please call the Septic Help Line at 360-867-2669.